“The Bridge to the Future”
Saint Ignatius School is under the administrative control of the School Committee, which in turn, is constituted by the Governing Body of the Philanthropic Society of the Orthodox Church (P.S.O.C) Kolkata the Founder Body of the School.
The Philanthropic Society of the Orthodox Church
In 1993, the Greek Orthodox Church in Kolkata established a Philanthropic Society dedicated to help those shunned by society: the urban slum people, uneducated, orphaned, widowed, sick, handicapped, and the poor, rural population using a variety of humanitarian services dedicated to the aid of the underprivileged such as:
- The Morning Feeding Program providing nutritiuous prepared meals
- Free Medical and Dental Services
- Shelter and Clothing for the needy and homeless
- Boys’ and Girls’ Orphanages
- Free schooling with excellent teachers
- Sponsorship for rural development projects
These, as well as many other projects ensure that the Society is taking necessary steps to alleviate poverty and empower the underprivileged of Kolkata.
Saint Ignatius School
Saint Ignatius English Medium School is the sixth school opened by the Philanthropic Society. We strongly believe that education is a healer of many human and social problems. By enlightening the mind, children have the best opportunity to survive and succeed in this increasingly harsh world. As a co-educational day school, St.Ignatius School provides a quality education through:
- Innovative, dedicated, and experienced faculty and staff
- Global standards for discipline ad academic achievement
- Safe, pollution-free, healthy environment
- Computer laboratory and library
- Recreational park and playground
- Full boarding facilities for boys and girls
- Reliable transportation
With such attention and care to every child, St.Ignatius School gives students an education with Christian values, providing the opportunity for them to develop habits of internal reflection, self-discipline, self-esteem and self-reliance. Each child is taught to maintain opens of mind, dignity of conduct, appreciation for others and the environment and a mutual respect for social, economic and cultural diversity.
Saint Ignatius School
Bakeswar, P.O. Nepalgunge, Dist.24 Parganas (S)
Tel: +91 33 6536 1138